- Created by Unknown User (admin), last modified by Unknown User (tpeters) on Feb 21, 2017
The error message "Unable to obtain UNC Equivalents" is displayed when WatchDogNT.exe is launched, or if the LPS is run as a service, is displayed in Event Viewer.
- Close all Loftware Applications.
- Ensure that the path to the Labels, Layout and WDDrop directories are SHARED* to the Network.
- Verify the share exists, and if you are still experiencing this problem, you may have to manually configure the LPS / WatchDog-NT to recognize the correct paths.
To Manually Configure the LPS (or WatchDog-NT)
- Locate the llmwdn32.ini file under the Windows or WIN NT directory.
Add the following entries to the [UNCPaths] section of the file.
Note: If the [UNCPaths] section does not exist, create it. Keep in mind that the paths listed below are only examples of shared paths, and you must alter your paths according to the way your system is configured. Auto Convert stops the LPS from automatically overriding the UNC Paths that are created.
- Save the file.
*If you are not sure of what a Share is, contact your Network Administrator.
Page:Automatic Startup Of the LPS (Or WatchDog-NT) Not Working (Loftware Print Server Family Knowledge Base)
Page:Error 2140 When Starting the LPS, Formerly Known As WatchDog-NT (Loftware Print Server Family Knowledge Base)
Page:Error Device Instance Handle Does Not Correspond to the Present Device (Loftware Print Server Family Knowledge Base)
All versions of Loftware Label Manager using the Loftware Print Server
All supported installation environments.