changes.mady.by.user Unknown User (dperry)
changes.mady.by.user Unknown User (cboivin)
- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
The LPS Status Client displays one or more printers in an error state. The printers in question are configured with tcpTCP/ip IP connection types, jobs are Pending instead of printing, and the following error is being displayed: *(M2231) Error Opening Port ((M1565) Invalid argument. )*
During the configuration of the printer within the Loftware LLM Device Configuration grid, an unexpected character has been included with the TCP/IP address or Port information when performing a copy/paste operation while entering the printer information.
Open the LLM Design 32 Device Configuration grid and delete the specific printer, then reinstall add the same printer by manually typing the information to avoid any unexpected characters.
- Open Design 32
- Once Design 32 is opened please click on file and then devices
- Once devices open, it will open the device grid
- Select the printer you are having an issue with and then select the delete key on your key board (Keep in mind to look at all printer options and settings before deleting the printer from the device grid.)
- Select yes and notice the printer line is now blank.
- Add the printer back in, by entering the Family, Model, Port (Making sure there are no illegal characters), and Alias name. Once that is been done, then changing the options to make sure they are right for your printer.
- Now that the printer is back in correctly, stop and start the print server to start the jobs back up in the pending directory.
Note * Copy and pasting printer information is fine, it's only when the copy includes unexpected characters that may cause an issue.
|Content by Label|
All supported LPS family product versions.
All supported LPS environments.
This table provides information that is visible only to Loftware users.