The Multi Label Layout feature is for printing two or more different label formats on the same page of labels. Its use is restricted to printers that LLM-WIN 32 drives through a Windows printer driver, such as Laser Jet printers.
Multi-Label Layout is not the default behavior of LLM-WIN 32, so under the default setting, there is no mixing of label formats on a page. If you have "printed" less labels than it takes to fill up a page, and you attempt to load a different label format, you are presented with a dialog box that says "You have queued data, do you want to print it now?"
If your response is:
- YES - All of the queued labels will print, the remaining labels on the page will be blank, and the new label will load into the On Demand Print program.
- NO - All queued data will be cleared, no labels will print and the new label will load into the On Demand Print program.
When Multi Label Layout is enabled
When you have "printed" less labels than it takes to fill up a page, and you attempt to load a different label format you are presented with a dialog box that gives you 3 choices
- Print Currently Queued Labels Now - Same behavior as answering YES with the default behavior.
- Clear Currently Queued Labels - Same behavior as answering NO with the default behavior.
- Keep Currently Queued Labels and Add New labels To the Queue.
This option will retain all of the queued data for the first label format, then load the new label format and print the next label on the very same page. When the labels using the 2nd format fill the current page, the printing will advance to the next page.
Enabling Multi-Label Layout
By using the multi-label layout feature of Loftware, you can change label formats from within a single queue. To enable multi-label layout, first make sure that any running instances of Loftware are closed, then complete the following steps:
- TODO: Navigate to Start ... Configuration and look for llmwdn32.ini.
- Open this file into a text editor (such as Notepad) and add the following lines to the bottom of the file:
- Save and close the file.
To use the Multi-Label Layout feature:
- Start On-Demand Print, open a label with a layout attached, and enter your data for the fields.
- Enter the quantity of labels you wish to print with this format without filling the queue; press the Print button.
- Select No if you are asked if you want to print the labels in the queue.
- Select File | Open and choose the next label format you wish to print.
- Select Keep Currently Queued Labels.
You can now add labels to the queue using the new format.
All versions of Loftware
All supported installation environments.