- Created by Unknown User (cboivin), last modified by Unknown User (aduquette) on Feb 24, 2017
When using a Windows printer driver, the position of the label image is creeping relative to the physical label. Each time the label image prints, it moves up on the physical label. Eventually, parts of the label image disappear off the physical label as it continues to creep.
In most instances, when a label is creeping in Windows, the issue is that the label size selected in the Windows driver does not match the actual size of the label stock. For example, if the label size in the Windows driver is set to 8.5" x 11.85", but the actual size of the stock is 8.5" x 12", the label graphics will creep since the actual size of the label stock is larger than the label information being passed.
To change the size specified for the label stock, do the following.
- In Windows Server or Windows, navigate to Devices and Printers.
- Right click the printer you want to print to and select Printing preferences.
- In the Printing Preferences dialog box, click the Paper tab. (Most Windows printers have a tab with this name.) For Paper Size, there are predefined paper sizes, or you can specify a custom size. In this example, because 8.5" x 12" is not a predefined paper size, click the Custom button.
- In the Custom Paper dialog box, enter your custom size stock, and then click OK.
- On the Paper tab, confirm that your custom size is displayed in the Paper Size drop down list.
- After you have the custom size selected, click the Apply button to apply the size to the printer, and then click OK to close the Printing Preferences dialog box.
- After you have created the configuration in Windows Server or Windows, you must select it in Loftware Label Manager (LLM). Open Design 32, and then click File > Devices.
- In the LLM Device Configuration dialog box, select the printer you are want to print to and then click the Options button.
- In the Options dialog box, select the Paper Size check box. In the Paper Size drop down list, select Custom Paper.
- In the Options dialog box, click OK to save your changes and close the dialog box.
- In the LLM Device Configuration dialog box, click OK to save your changes and close the dialog box.
The label creeping should no longer occur. Each label should print out to the 8.5" x 12" piece of paper with no label creeping.
All supported LPS family product versions.
Any Windows environment