- Created by Unknown User (kcyr), last modified by Unknown User (aduquette) on Mar 02, 2017
This procedure describes how to configure a label field to print the value supplied from a Zebra printer with a Real Time Clock (RTC).
How to use a Zebra printer RTC
Configure the Printer
These steps are only necessary if you need to adjust the clock setting on the printer.
- In Design 32, click File> Devices to access the LLM Device Configuration grid.
- Click the target Zebra printer device record.
- Click Options.
- Locate the Real Time Clock controls and click Set Date/Time.
- Set the date/time variables as needed, and then click Send To Printer.
- Verify that no error is returned in the displayed response message.
Configure the Label
- Create/open a label designed for the target Zebra printer.
- Create a field named ZTimeFieldxxx, where xxx is any designator.
- Set the Font Category property for the ZTimeFieldxxx field to Native Fonts.
Note: True Type fonts do not work.
- Define your RTC Field Clock Indicator. This is set to % by default and any symbol can be used with the exception of ~,^ since they are ZPL control characters.
- Open the field, set it to Fixed Text, and then enter the following format (see Table below for a complete list of Command Characters):
%A, %B %d, %Y %I:%M:%S %p
This returns a result similar to the following:
LLM 9.x and above
Any supported LPS Family product environment with a Zebra printer
- No labels