- Created by Unknown User (dperry), last modified by Unknown User (aduquette) on Jan 26, 2017
Jobs processed by the Loftware Print Server are failing with the error message: UNP_DUPLICATEFIELDNAMES: One or more fields are defined with the same name.
This error indicates that LPS attempted to process a label template which contains at least two fields with the same Field Name property. Under most circumstances, Design 32 will not allow the use of the same Field Name, however the same Field Name could occur through the following process which leads to this error:
- At some point in Design 32, the label template was configured to use a Field List Selection (File > Media Setup > Advanced tab).
- With a Field List selected, the designer is able to quickly add fields to a template. All Text, Paragraph, Barcode, and variable Image fields initially have their Field Name property set to Unnamed. The expectation is that the label designer will later select a name from the Field List for each Unnamed field.
- If the label designer saves the template with the Warnings and Errors feature disabled (View > Warning and Errors is not checked) and multiple fields have the Field Name of Unnamed, they will not receive the error Error: There are fields on the label that have not been named.
- Later, if the Field List Selection is removed, and the template is saved with Warnings and Errors disabled, no errors will be shown. If Warnings and Errors had been enabled, the following error would have displayed: Error: One or more fields have been defined with the same field name.
What started as multiple fields having their Field Name set to Unnamed with a Field List Selection becomes multiple fields having the same name when the Field List Selection is removed and the template is saved.
Page:The Loftware Print Server Service on Local Computer Started and then Stopped (Loftware Print Server Family Knowledge Base)
Page:SAP Interface Log Indicates an "Incomplete request" Error when Processing a Stacked RDI File (Loftware Print Server Family Knowledge Base)
Page:Error M4756 _PRINTERNUMBER Value is Not Valid and M4757 Number is Outside Key Limit (Loftware Print Server Family Knowledge Base)
Page:LCD on Zebra Printer Displays OUT OF MEMORY STORING GRAPHIC (Loftware Print Server Family Knowledge Base)
LPS 8.x and higher
All supported environments.