When trying to access LWA 2.4.4 using IE11, the following error occurs: The browser you are using is not supported by Loftware Web Access at this time. Please use one of the following supported browsers:
- Firefox version 2 or greater
- Internet Explorer version 7 (For Windows) or greater
- Note: Internet Explorer Version 9 and 10 must be in Compatibility Mode
This occurs when you cannot run IE11 in compatibility mode to access LWA 2.4.4
Applying the Loftware Web Access Hot Fix
1. The Apache Tomcat Service must be stopped before proceeding
2. Copy the compat.jar file to the Tomcat lib directory
-For a standard Tomcat installation, the directory path will be similar to the following:
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\lib
3. Navigate to the Tomcat conf folder.
- For a standard Tomcat installation, the directory path will be similar to the following:
- C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\conf
4. Make a backup copy of the current server.xml and web.xml files
5. Edit the web.xml file and locate the "Filter" section in the file after line 490.
- Add the following filter and filter-mapping sections to the web.xml file.
6. Save and close the web.xml file
7. Edit the server.xml file and locate the valve section located within the <engine> section.
Add the following element to the valve section at line 119;
<Valve className="com.loftware.lwa.valve.CompatValve" />
8. Save and close the server.xml file
9. Restart the Tomcat service
Access LWA 2.4.4 from IE 11
All supported LPS family product versions.
- No labels